Employer Partners of Inclusion Awards

Provider SearchOODWorks

Empowering Ohioans with disabilities through employment, disability determinations, and independence.

 

2019 Employer Partners of Inclusion Awards

To be considered for an Employer Partner of Inclusion Award, businesses must be an Employer Partner with OOD and have hired at least five OOD job seekers during the year-long evaluation period.

OOD recognizes employer partners at four levels of awards using criteria that establishes each employer’s level of diversity and inclusion. These award levels are Champion of Inclusion, Platinum, Gold and Silver. Criteria include efforts to recruit and retain Ohioans with disabilities, hosting disability etiquette and awareness training for employees, and other best practices to foster an inclusive work environment.

We are pleased to announce the 2019 OOD Employer Partners of Inclusion Award Winners!

Congratulations to the Champion of Inclusion Award Winner:

Giant Eagle official Logo & youtube video link to 2019 Champion of Inclusion Award winner: Giant Eagle
 

Giant Eagle operates more than 400 food, fuel and convenience retail locations throughout Ohio, western Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana and employs more than 32,000 Team Members. Giant Eagle has excelled in building an inclusive workplace, immersing an OOD Talent Sourcing Coordinator within their company to support recruitment and retention of Giant Eagle Team Members with disabilities. For more information, watch a video about the partnership. 

 

Platinum Level, Gold Level and Silver Level
Award Winners

 

Platinum Level

CVS Health

FedEx Ground

OhioHealth

Walgreens Distribution Center

 

Gold Level

Cintas

Fifth Third Bank

HCR ManorCare

Kroger

Meijer

Miami University

Renhill HR On Demand

The Ohio State University

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

 

 

Silver Level

Amazon

Aramark

Bob Evans

Cleveland Clinic

Hyatt Regency

Levy Restaurants

MaritzCX

Speedway

Synchrony Financial

Teleperformance USA

University Hospitals

Programs provided by the Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities are funded, in whole or in part, with federal grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). For purposes of the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program, including Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS), OOD received 78.7% of its funding through the DOE VR grant. In Federal fiscal year (FFY) 2018, OOD received $100,336,097 in federal funds. Funds appropriated by the State covered 21.3 % of the total costs, or $27,155,767. Of these federal funds, $15,050,415 is set aside for Pre-ETS. For purposes of the Supported Employment Program, the DOE VR grant funded 100% of the costs for the Supported Employment for Youth with a Disability Program. In FFY 2018, OOD received $303,725. The grant also funded 95% of the Supported Employment Program (non-Youth). In FFY 2018, OOD received $303,725 and the State appropriated funds paid the remaining 5% or $33,747 of the total costs. For purposes of the Independent Living Services for Older Individuals Who are Blind (OIB) Program, the federal grant received from DOE in FFY 2018 paid 90% of the total costs incurred under the program. In FFY 2018, OOD received $1,174,400 in federal grant funds. Funds appropriated by the State paid 10% or $130,489 of the total costs incurred under the OIB program. For purposes of the Independent Living (IL) Program, the federal grant received from HHS paid 90% of the total costs incurred in FFY 2018. In FFY 2018, OOD received funding of $632,411. Funds appropriated by the State paid 10% or $70,268 of the total costs incurred under the IL Program.

Download the pdf of the 2019 Employer Partners of Inclusion Awards poster