Independent Living Skills Training addresses the education and training required for deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind individuals to live in a community and participate in community activities. Training promotes self-awareness and self-esteem and develops advocacy and self-empowerment skills for the target population. Services may include, but are not limited to:
· Conducting group trainings on budgeting and financial planning, stress management, medical management, and other healthy living topics;
· Providing one-on-one advocacy and education;
· Providing mentoring opportunities;
· Teaching deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind individuals to advocate for themselves and their community; and
· Encouraging early intervention and planning for young or new members to the target population.