Work provides a sense of purpose that helps support recovery!
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) assists individuals with disabilities, including substance use disorders, to pursue gainful employment.
Thinking About Work?
Working Brings Important Benefits Like:
- Increased Income
- Connection to People
- Meaningful Involvement in the Community
- Greater Access to Medical Benefits
OOD Can Help!
OOD can assist with exploring careers and finding jobs that are a good fit. Support may include:
- Career exploration and counseling
- Resume and interview preparation
- Finding and keeping a job
- Work incentives planning
- On-the-job supports
- Occupational or college training
- Assistance with additional employment barriers
Commit to the Process
If you have a disability, want to work and are ready to commit to the process, the next step to getting a job is yours.
Need More Information?
If you would like additional information, please contact Janice Mader, Program Administrator, at 614-438-1790 or at Janice.Mader@ood.ohio.gov.