Welcome to Job Seeking Skills Training! It is one of the first and most important steps to take as you work toward finding the right job. The goal of this service is to learn about how to find a job. There are many parts of a successful job search, and we hope to effectively address as many of them as possible.
If you are an Ohioan with a disability reading this document and are not yet connected with OOD services, please visit OODWorks.com to get started. Please be sure to use this training and tools while working with your assigned OOD Vocational Rehabilitation Staff member.
The below links are key tools that are to be used during your time completing Job Seeking Skills Training. Each tool is linked to within the guidebook but is available here as well for your convenience.
- Transferable Skills
- Hard Skills
- Elevator Pitch
- Fillable Sample Application
- Networking Worksheet
- OOD Resume Standards
- Creating a Resume Fact Sheet
- Job Search Log
- Following Up Fact Sheet
- Social Media Etiquette Fact Sheet
- Example Voicemail & Transcript of Example Voicemail
- Message to Leave for Employers & Transcript of Message to Leave for Employers
- Mock Interview Report
- Behavioral Interview Guide
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Virtual Interview Guide
- Job Development Plan