Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities is pleased to present The Employers’ ADA Handbook, a free five-part series to help employers navigate Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
In session 1 of the series, Title I Overview, learn about best practices and guidelines for providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities, as well as criteria to assess undue hardship and net cost of accommodations
The Employers’ ADA Handbook: Title I Overview
Learn about the purpose of Title I of the ADA and the responsibilities of covered employers. Topics include:
• Who is protected by Title I
• Who is covered by Title I
• Reasonable accommodation and undue hardship
• Confidentiality guidelines
• Basic guidelines for the hiring process, work performance, conduct, and safety
This training was hosted by OOD’s Worksite Accessibility Specialist, Julie Wood, OTR/L, and Business Relations Specialist, Dennis DeYoung.
A fact sheet and learner’s guide can be downloaded from this page.